TAMPA, Fla. — Chick-fil-A lovers in Tampa who are looking to add a little heat to their order are in for a treat.
The popular chicken chain named Tampa as one of the areas testing out the new Spicy Chick-n-Strips and eventually the Spicy Chick-n-Strips Biscuit on its menu.
The new items made their menu debut on April 26.
To make room for the new chicken strips and sandwich, some other menu items had to go. That includes: Original Chick-n-Strips, Grilled Cool Wrap, and the side salad.
According to Chick-fil-A's restaurant, the first "Chick-fil-A" was actually a diner called Dwarf Grill opened in an Atlanta suburb by Truett Cathy. In 1964, the recipe for the "Original Chicken Sandwich" was discovered.
Chick-fil-A also has a list of test items that didn't make the cut. That includes things like biscuit cinnamon rolls, cranberry orange bagels, and more.
You can find a list of all the Chick-fil-A stores in Florida here.
What other people are reading right now:
- Reports: New CDC outdoor mask guidance may be announced Tuesday
- Turnout low as Johnson & Johnson vaccine returns in Florida
- Biden to sign $15 minimum wage for federal contract workers
- Investigation: Derek Chauvin held a teenager down prone for 17 minutes
- Former Bucs, FSU linebacker Geno Hayes dies at 33
- Pandemic creates a plethora of mental health jobs
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter