COOPER CITY, Fla — Miami native and former NFL star Chad Johnson is making headlines off the field.
The former Miami Dolphin left a $1,000 tip Monday at a restaurant in Cooper City, and he tweeted about it.
His meal at Havana's on Griffin Road was only $37.40, but he tacked on the huge tip and left a message for the server, Catalina.
“Congrats on re-opening, sorry about the pandemic, hope this helps,” Johnson wrote at the bottom of the receipt. “I love you.”
What other people are reading right now:
- Some businesses could charge a COVID-19 fee, but is it legal?
- Breweries in Pinellas County can reopen with restrictions
- As Florida fully implements phase one, new droplet study raises concerns
- Semi-truck leaking hazardous materials shuts down Tampa Bay roadway
- Florida troopers looking for a similar motorcycle that hit a 6-year-old girl
- Hospital that's been closed for almost a year get $121K in COVID-19 relief money
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter