BENTON, Tenn. (WTHR) — Merriam-Webster's definition of a flower girl might need a slight adjustment.
The dictionary says a flower girl is "a young girl who carries flowers at a wedding."
Who says they have to be young?
NBC-affiliate WRCB reports Lyndsey and Tanner Raby got married in Tennessee in September and knew their wedding wouldn't be complete without the entire family involved.
That's when they decided Lyndsey's two grandmothers and great-grandmother and Tanner's grandmother would be the flower girls for their big day.
Natalie Caho Photography shared a photo on Facebook and said, "I've seen a lot of cute flower girls in my day.... but these four gals take the cake."
The four grandmothers all wore matching sparkly blue dresses and tossed flower petals as they walked down the aisle.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida man forced to pay child support despite DNA test showing he's not the father
- Tropical Storm Nestor forms in Gulf of Mexico
- New York man sues NBC Universal over 'unlimited' refills theme park cup
- Storm surge warning in effect ahead of Potential Tropical Cyclone 16
- Help find the person who lost a wedding ring at St. Pete Beach
- Coroner: Ohio baby found in well was placed in plastic bags, crates bound by chains
- Man accused of molesting children at Disney World
FREE 10NEWS APP: