DELRAY BEACH, Fla. — A Delray Beach waitress initially had no idea who she was waiting on, but she certainly did after she looked at the tip he left her.
On her Instagram page, kaxandr a.diaz posted a heartfelt message after NBA player Andre Drummond left her a $1,000 tip.
“Today, started off as slow day at work getting there for my double shift. The past week, overall, has been pretty slow of course due to COVID," Diaz wrote.
Drummond's tab was $164.25, but he tacked on the generous tip to Diaz, a server at Che Restaurant.
"I was shaking and had tears of happiness after what he left me. I had no idea how to react, I didn’t want to draw attention but at the same time I couldn’t describe the the amount of appreciation I had/ have. It’s so amazing to see people displaying acts of kindness in these uncertain times. This is a story I will never forget, thank you again so much @andredrummondd."
Click here to see the full post.
What other people are reading right now:
- Researchers track high levels of COVID-19 in Florida wastewater
- WATCH: Catfish caught on camera 'walking' over gators
- Vintage picture shows football fans wearing masks during 1918 pandemic
- Weather forecast looks iffy for historic SpaceX, NASA launch
- Child drowns after being caught in current at Siesta Key Beach
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter