TAMPA, Fla. — The holiday spirit overtook the Hillsborough River this evening for the 2020 Downtown Tampa Holiday Lighted Boat Parade.
Hundreds of brightly lit and decorated boats and yachts cruised along to celebrate the holiday season.
Public viewing areas were set up on Davis Islands and Harbour Island, plus Sparkman Wharf and along the Tampa Riverwalk. The boat parade route where residents soaked up the sights at a safe distance spanned more than 3.5 miles.
Those who attended were asked to wear a face-covering and if someone wasn't feeling well, they were asked to stay home.
Could not be there in person? You can catch the dazzling boat light displays as they floated along the Hillsborough River below.
- CDC working to determine exposure after the death of a man with COVID-like symptoms on Florida flight
- FDA give Moderna COVID-19 vaccine greenlight; 2nd shot in US arsenal
- Sheriff: Holiday gathering ends with one dead in parking lot shooting
- 3 men with severe burns taken to the hospital after small plane crash
- That's a lot of OT: Some state-run mental health hospital employees work 80 hours a week
- Red tide found off Florida's southwest coast; birds sick
- Here's where to see Christmas lights around Tampa Bay
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter