CHATOM, Ala. — An auto dealership in Alabama is celebrating the Fourth of July by giving away a Bible, a gun and an American flag with every vehicle it sells.
A Facebook post on the Chatom Ford website says every vehicle comes with a copy of the Bible, a 12-gauge shotgun and an American flag.
"This is a small gift to our valued customer and an opportunity for us to celebrate our independence," the post says.
Koby Palmer, the general sales manager with Chatom Ford, says the dealership has heard from people as far away as Kansas and Oregon.
"It's gotten a lot more attention than we anticipated," he said.
He said the promotion has led to an uptick in sales since it started. The deal runs through the end of July.
Palmer said the dealership hopes people take the promotion in the manner it's intended and not as derogatory to anyone. He said the feedback so far has been generally good.
To get the gun, the dealership says you must pass all checks associated with owning a firearm in your state of residency. Participants must be 18 or older, have a valid ID and can legally purchase a vehicle.
What other people are reading right now:
- Police: Man shot baby in the head after child's mom rejected his advances
- Identity of 2nd body found in orange grove released
- 85 people arrested in Hillsborough County human trafficking sting
- Teen escapes from Florida juvenile facility
- Hold your horses: Horseback riding ban could be coming to Tampa Bay
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.