HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla — Flowers, chocolates – maybe some premeditated romance. Love is in the air on Feb. 14.
And unlike other holidays, when the added stress leads to an increase in wedded misery, Valentine’s Day appears to live up to the lovey-dovey hype.
10News reached out to the Hillsborough County Clerk of Courts to find the cold hard facts that will really warm your heart.
During the week of Valentine’s Day in 2018 and 2019, the actual holiday had some of the lowest numbers of separations and divorces.
That may be come as a surprise, considering all the pressure that comes with making your Valentine happy.
But, like everything else in life – there’s a pretty big asterisk.
According to the clerk’s numbers over the past two years, there tends to be a spike in divorce filings the day after Valentine’s Day.
What other people are reading right now:
- Neighbor linked to death of 6-year-old Faye Swetlik, police say
- Dental assistant accused of sexually assaulting patient
- Sheriff: Winter Haven woman scammed more than 60 people out of $1.6 million
- China accused of censoring journalists, critical information about coronavirus
- Video: Speeding car catapults off neighborhood roundabout
- Snakes congregating in Lakeland are just there to mate
- He's been missing since 2000, making him the longest-running Amber Alert in the state