TAMPA, Fla. — It's more like a fitness community than a typical gym. Recently expanded Camp Tampa is now a 1-acre, three-building, five-studio campus located in South Tampa.
"It's always about being together and laughing a lot, not taking yourself too seriously and, of course, being really healthy while you do it," said Camp Tampa co-owner Jamie Lanza.
From cycling to circuits, and yoga to Hot Interval Training, there are a wide range of classes. Outside, the new community garden gives you a chance to relax and grow fruits and vegetables. It's a unique approach to fitness.
"We wanted this," said co-owner Jen Azzarelli. "Something that you balance a little weight training, restore, make a new friend, lay in the hammock, maybe plant some vegetables in the garden, just something that became part of your life. "
Camp Tampa offers 250 classes a week. Your very first camp class is just $10.
What other people are reading right now:
- 85 people arrested in Hillsborough County human trafficking sting
- Florida deputies were investigating a homicide, and then another body was found
- Ex-teacher accused of having sex with 15-year-old student, sending lingerie photos
- Woman accused of cutting boyfriend with machete, hitting him with yard sign
- Florida boat captain accused of holding passengers hostage due in court
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.