TAMPA, Fla. — Move over Black Friday, there's another day dedicated to shopping this weekend and it's for stores that need your help during the COVID-19 pandemic.
It's Small Business Saturday.
American Express created this day of shopping to promote and support small businesses throughout the United States. It's a day to not only promote "Mom and Pop" stores in the area but a way to encourage people to shop small and shop local.
People are encouraged to help small businesses in Ruskin during the "Market at the Ruskin Drive In" event. It runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
In Polk County, the BRIDGE Local network has partnered with the Lakeland Area Chamber of Commerce and United Way of Central Florida to encourage shopping small and local this holiday season. Shoppers in Downtown Lakeland can use this city newsletter for retail sales and specials.
- Unemployed Floridians find support, even Thanksgiving dinner, through online network
- 10 things to talk about at Thanksgiving dinner that aren't about politics
- Governor DeSantis does not respond to Florida mayors urging him to change COVID-19 approach
- US Supreme Court temporarily blocks New York's coronavirus limits on houses of worship
- Trump pardons Michael Flynn, taking direct aim at Russia investigation
- Side effects from COVID-19 vaccine likely will be unpleasant, doctors warn
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter