LUTZ, Fla. — A Taco Bell in Florida is taking heat for the price its charging customers.
Pasco County tax collector Mike Fasano said the Taco Bell in Lutz on SR 54 is charging Hillsborough County sales tax of 8.5-percent even though it’s located in Pasco County. The sales tax for Pasco County is only 7-percent.
Fasano tweeted that businesses should go by their street address and not their zip codes when it comes to charging sales taxes.
Fasano said this was that particular Taco Bell’s third warning and he asked that it get fixed.
This isn’t the first time there has been confusing over sales tax in some cities that are on the Pasco-Hillsborough county line.
The issue stems from confusion in Odessa and Lutz. Even though parts of these two towns are in Hillsborough County, there are significant portions in Pasco.
What other people are reading right now:
- Restaurant shut down following Taco Tuesday roach invasion
- Body of Manatee High School grad who died at Fort Benning returns home
- Deputies: 8-month-old left alone in bathtub nearly drowns, mom charged
- 8-year-old boy fights off mountain lion attack with a stick
- This is why your Tampa water bill will be more expensive
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter