Good news if you're looking to buy a new house, or even just looking to refinance.
According to CBS News, mortgage rates are at their lowest levels in three years.
The average 30-year mortgage is charging just 3.45 percent. If you're looking for a shorter loan period, a 15-year loan is at just 2.97 percent.
Just a year ago, 30-year loans were at 4.41 percent. 15-year loans were at 3.84 percent.
Several factors are pushing down costs. The Federal Reserve has kept rates low after cutting them three times last year even though there were signs of economic weakness, while inflation remains tame.
These lower rates mean that you'll end up actually paying less for your house over the lifespan of the loan.
What other people are reading right now:
- One dolphin shot, another stabbed. Wildlife officers are searching for a killer
- Search for baby Andrew, the infant sought amid an Amber Alert, winds down
- Police: Dad lied about stranger kidnapping 3-year-old because dispatcher wouldn't listen
- Ex-St. Petersburg police officer pleads guilty to child porn
- Parents, here's a new app your kids might be using that you should know about
- Judge denies mistrial in case of Florida ice cream truck driver accused of murder