BRENHAM, Texas — Open your freezer and check your ice cream, because Blue Bell is voluntarily recalling some of its products.
The Texas-based creamery is recalling some of its half-gallon Butter Crunch Ice Cream with the code date 082621222 after somebody found a piece of a plastic tool in theirs.
The recalled bunch of ice cream came from a plant in Alabama, and it was made in late August.
The company’s investigation found that the broken tool was "inadvertently incorporated into the production process in a small amount of product."
The half-gallons were sold in stores in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia.
If you bought the ice cream, you can take it back to the store for a full refund. For more information, you can call 979-836-7977, Monday–Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST.
What other people are reading right now:
- Students make 'Child of God' headbands to support Saints' Demario Davis
- There are 3 disturbances Hurricane Center forecasters are watching
- Man charged in stabbing of two Jacksonville firefighters
- Deputies: Florida woman who burned down historic tree while smoking meth arrested again
- Search on for high-risk sex offender who cut off GPS ankle bracelet after release
FREE 10NEWS APP: