JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Double-check what's inside your refrigerator: Some fresh basil could contain some other nasty ingredient.
Southeastern Grocers has issued a voluntary recall for its "SE Grocers Naturally Better Organic Fresh Cut Basil" following the detection of a microscopic parasite called Cyclospora.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, symptoms of cyclosporiasis include diarrhea, loss of appetite, weight loss and more.
The company says the product was delivered through all of its distribution centers and sold in all its stores, including Winn-Dixie, BI-LO, Fresco y Más and Harveys Supermarkets. The basil comes in a 0.5-ounce container with UPC code 6-07880-20230-4.
People are asked to throw it away or return it for a full refund.
Anyone with questions can call the company call center at 844-745-0463 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday.
- Florida man jumps into pond, wrestles alligator to save puppy
- Polk County teacher, coach charged with more than 400 counts of child porn
- Florida woman works to get thousands of unemployment issues resolved
- White House highlights Tampa Bay as top area where COVID-19 is aggressively spreading
- Judge throws out Trump's bid to stop Pennsylvania vote certification
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter