ST. PETERSBURG, Fla — If you need to fill up your car, you might notice prices at the pump are dropping.
Wednesday's national average for a gallon of regular gas is $2.21 according to AAA.
In Bradenton and Sarasota, expect to pay around $2.12. It’s even cheaper in the Tampa Bay area, where the average to fill up is $2.06. That's down about 25 cents from just a month ago.
“AAA expects gas prices to continue trending cheaper, with the high likelihood of the national average hitting $2 per gallon before the end of March,” AAA spokesperson Jeanette Casselano said.
That’s already the case at the RaceTrac on Gandy Boulevard in St. Petersburg and at a Circle K across the bridge in South Tampa.
- Florida students won't return to school until at least April 15 amid coronavirus
- Florida governor orders all bars, nightclubs to close for 30 days
- Food delivery options amid coronavirus outbreak
- This interactive map shows coronavirus cases in Florida
- Coronavirus resources: Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
- Reports: Tom Brady expected to join the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
FREE 10NEWS APP: