TAMPA, Fla. — Tampa Electric is helping its customers during this tough time.
In an email to customers on Friday, TECO President and Chief Executive Officer Nancy Tower said because of the coronavirus pandemic and lower fuel costs, the company asked the Florida Public Service Commission to lower your bill.
From June through Aug., customers will see a COVID-19 fuel credit as well as a reduced rate, resulting in more than a 20 percent reduction.
The reduced fuel rate will remain from September through December, Tower said.
Residential customers will save an estimated $90 between June and December. Commercial and industrial customers can expect to see a 14 to 20 percent reduction in bills, depending on usage and rate class.
Anyone who may be struggling to pay their bill is asked to call 813-223-0800 for assistance. Tower said the company is there to help its customers through this time.
What other people are reading right now:
- Can hand sanitizer cause your car to catch fire?
- 'We're not closing our country' if second coronavirus wave hits, Trump says
- Trump orders flags lowered to half-staff for those who died from coronavirus
- Man who reportedly filmed Ahmaud Arbery's killing charged with murder
- Passenger plane with 107 on board crashes in Pakistan, many feared dead
- NOAA predicts busy season with 3 - 6 major hurricanes
- Data breach exposed Social Security numbers of some Floridians who applied for unemployment
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter