TAMPA, Fla. — Looking for a new home? You can't do better than Tampa, according to a new report.
Financial website WalletHub has ranked Tampa 2019's top city for new homebuyers.
The website used 27 indicators, including housing affordability, cost of living, foreclosure rate, weather, job market, crime rates and driver friendliness.
Though coming in midway on the list as far as affordability, Tampa was No. 2 as a real-estate market and No. 13 in quality of life.
Coming in at No. 2 on the list was Overland Park, Kan., followed by Thornton, Colo., Grand Rapids, Mich. and Boise, Idaho.
Other Florida cities and their rankings: Orlando (18), Cape Coral (37), Sunrise (47), Boca Raton (49), St. Petersburg (53), Clearwater (57), Port St. Lucie (76), Jacksonville (101), Coral Springs (143), West Palm Beach (151), Gainesville (164), Miami Gardens (173), Hollywood (178), Pompano Beach (186), Tallahassee (201), Hialeah (250), and Miami Beach (289).
At the bottom of the 300-city list was Berkeley, Calif.
Real estate website Zillow.com also thinks highly of Tampa, ranking the city as No. 7 among best markets for homebuyers in 2019.
What other people are reading right now:
- Gulf of Mexico disturbance has 80-percent chance of developing, likely to move west
- He called police on black women at swimming pool. Now he’s facing criminal charges
- 16-foot Burmese python found nesting under home in the Florida Everglades
- Man says he was kicked off Busch Gardens ride because he looked too old
- Flesh-eating bacteria suspected in Florida woman
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.