TAMPA, Fla. — As more tech companies make Tampa Bay their home base, so will the bright minds looking to launch and create in the tech world.
Aaron Froug and Bo Starr are the co-founders of the Grifin app.
"We are a new patent-pending technology app that automatically buys you stock where you shop. Let's say you buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks, you automatically get to invest one dollar into Starbucks stock the moment you swipe your card," Froug said.
The company is two years in the making and has had lots of lessons learned along the way.
The Grifin team is working to make the app informative a user-friendly.
"We're also bringing on more people to test the app out. Every few weeks we bring in a new group of best testers to try the app," Starr said.
Right now the app is in its beta phase, but you can visit grifin.com to sign up as one of the users who can test out the app and share what you think.
When the app officially rolls out it will be free for users to download on mobile.
What other people are reading right now:
- Indian restaurant shut down after city reports large rodent inside
- 5 killed after small plane leaves Tampa, crashes into Lake Okeechobee
- Man assaults girlfriend after finding her with another woman, deputies say
- 20 feet down in Lake Michigan there is a 12 foot tall statue of Christ
- April the Giraffe updates: 'April has profoundly advanced'
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.