TAMPA, Fla. — RecruitMilitary is hosting a job fair for veterans Thursday from 11am-3pm at Amalie Arena, featuring more than 90 employers ready to hire.
The event is free and welcomes all veterans, military spouses, transitioning military, National Guard members, and Reservists.
The organization is teaming up with Disabled American Veterans not only to help vets find work but to focus on the more than 600,000 military spouses in the United States who are unemployed or underemployed in their professional careers.
RecruitMilitary has also partnered with Google by introducing a new job search tool to assist military spouses and military-trained talent to explore 8,000 remote work options in the RecruitMilitary database of more than 250,000 jobs.
Here's a list of some of the exhibitors attending the job fair Thursday with intentions of hiring veterans:
- JP Morgan Chase
- Rheem Manufacturing Company
- Executive Jet Management, Inc.
- Saint Leo University
- Franklin Templeton
- Florida Technical College
- Troops to Teachers
- Clermont Police Department
- Anthem, Inc.
- Lewis Tree Service, Inc.
- Grow Financial Federal Credit
- Ajax Paving Industries, Inc.
- ConEdison Clean Energy Businesses
- Five Guys Burgers & Fries
- Mid-State Industrial Maintenance
- VetCor Services
- Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office
- Connecticut School of Broadcasting - Tampa Campus
- Northwest Lineman Center
- Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Co.
- First Communities
- D2 Marine Solutions, Inc.
- The Entrepreneur's Source
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Kelly Services
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
- CareerSource Tampa Bay
- SCC Soft Computer
- Valet Living
- National Aviation Academy
- West Coast University
- G4S Secure Solutions
- Crisis Center of Tampa Bay
- National Louis University
- Bank of America
- Broward Sheriff's Office
- DeVry University
- Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office
- Ross Stores, Inc.
- ICE, Inc.
- Education Resource Information
- Penske Truck Leasing
- Sarasota County Sheriff's Office
- Metalizing Technical Services
- Chadwell Supply, Inc.
- Raymond James Financial, Inc.
- Heavy Equipment Colleges of America
- First Command Financial Services, Inc.
- Foresters Financial
- Air Force Reserve
- Kelly Educational Staffing
- USHealth Advisors
- Hensel Phelps
- Hodges University
- In The News, Inc.
- New Horizons Computer Learning Centers
- Moffitt Cancer Center
- Northrop Grumman Corp
- Advanced Disposal Services
- Paychex, Inc.
- Chapman School of Seamanship
- Veterans Florida
- Colonial Life
The unemployment rate for military spouses is four times higher than the national average, according to USAA.
To help with this "epidemic" they created a website called AMPLIFY. The website connected military spouses to the help they might need.
You can read more about how they're helping military spouses on their website.
- Cops: Mom of 3-year-old who fell into Tim Hortons grease trap and died couldn't find child care
- Spear impales Florida woman and kills her. Her boyfriend is accused of murder.
- Florida dad accused of throwing 5-year-old son into ocean to 'teach him to swim'
- Child loses both parents in one night following SWAT call
- 2 people killed, dozens injured after carnival ride suddenly snaps in half
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.