PALMETTO, Fla. — A 2-year-old is dead and troopers are saying there was nothing a driver who hit her could have done to stop.
Florida Highway Patrol said the driver had no time to react when the toddler ran out in front of them, WWSB reported.
The car hit the child around 11 a.m. on 69th Street East in Palmetto.
Troopers said there would probably be no charges in the case. The driver stopped and is cooperating with investigators, according to troopers.
Editor's note: A previous version of this story said troopers were searching for the driver. They are not.
What other people are reading right now:
- Missing SC 6-year-old Faye Swetlik found dead
- Sheriff: Winter Haven woman scammed more than 60 people out of $1.6 million
- Airman, long lost dog to be reunited on Valentine's Day
- Cross-eyed cat helps raise thousands of dollars for animal shelters
- Snakes congregating in Lakeland are just there to mate
- He's been missing since 2000, making him the longest-running Amber Alert in the state