SARASOTA, Fla. — On Feb. 16, 2019, the remains of Jabez Spann were found near Interstate 75 in Manatee County.
The 14-year-old was reported missing on Sept. 4, 2017. He was last seen in the area of 22nd Street and Palamadelia Avenue in Sarasota.
No arrests have been made in connection with his death.
His aunt, Latohya Jakes, said the family is letting law enforcement do their job.
"We just lettin' the police do their job and just waiting for someone to be arrested, you know. As we try to stay strong for each other," Jakes said.
Spann's uncle remembers the teen as a "good kid."
Family members said Spann might have witnessed the murder of 31-year-old Travis Combs before he disappeared.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Crime Stoppers by calling 941-366-TIPS or leave an online tip here.
What other people are reading right now:
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of beating bartender to death
- Bullied for dwarfism, his tearful message went viral. Now, strangers are sending him to Disneyland
- Orlando water parks close as temperatures drop in Florida
- Restaurant closes down after viral video exposes meat thawing outside
- Mother of missing children with arrested after failing to bring them to authorities
- Skyway 10K guide: Everything you need to know to race
FREE 10NEWS APP: