PETERMAN, Ala. — An Alabama woman is being held on $750,000 bail charged with murder in the death of an infant.
The Monroe County Alabama Sheriff's Office says on Christmas Eve, Tamika Stallworth fired shots into a car in Peterman, Alabama, hitting 10-month-old Jamaya Austin in the face.
The baby was taken to a hospital where she died.
The investigation is ongoing.
What other people are reading right now:
- Restaurant Red Alert: The most shocking reports of 2019
- Father watched his 12-year-old daugher get hit and killed in a crosswalk
- Looking ahead to our last cold front of the year
- Thieves are watching: Don't put empty gift boxes on the side of the road
- Cashier shoots, kills armed robber after he was pistol-whipped
- ‘If I could just save one life’: Woman uses signs to help others get through the holidays