JERSEY CITY, N.J. — Singer Bruce Springsteen isn't the only one making New Jersey proud.
The 25-year-old son of "The Boss" and Patti Scialfa was sworn in Tuesday as a Jersey City firefighter.
Sam Springsteen took a civil service exam in 2017.
He graduated from the Monmouth County Fire Academy in 2014 and served as a volunteer firefighter at three different stations.
Sam is the youngest of Bruce Springsteen's three children, none of whom have followed him in to show business.
"It was a long road. He was very dedicated for quite a few years and we are just excited for him," said the Born in the USA singer.
What other people are reading right now:
- 'Rip little one': Southwest Florida Eagle Cam confirms baby bald eagle died
- House to send impeachment articles to Senate Wednesday
- Man shot during Plant City rampage dies, alleged shooter in hospital
- SpaceX to intentionally destroy a rocket to test Crew Dragon abort system
- Lamb cam returns to TECO solar fields in Apollo Beach
- Stunning wedding photos include erupting volcano as backdrop
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower