TAMPA, Fla. — A Tampa man is facing aggravated child abuse charges, accused of inuring his fiance's child.
Investigators said on Tuesday night, they believe Andrew Nguyen intentionally hit the child in the face and slammed the child’s body against furniture – causing the child to lose consciousness and vomit.
The child is currently in intensive care at Tampa General Hospital.
Investigators said they are expected to survive.
The child’s mother was not home at the time of the incident.
Nguyen initially denied harming the child, but later did confess to the abuse.
What other people are reading right now:
- Thousands of people gather for funeral of veteran without family
- Watch: Out-of-control catering truck nearly hits plane at O'Hare
- Deputies: Woman drunkenly crashes in Sarasota with 2 kids in the car
- She stole $358 worth of property at Walmart, police say. She then pepper-sprayed staff and ran off
- Florida teen killed while protecting his 5-year-old sister during a break-in
FREE 10NEWS APP: