CLEARWATER, Fla. — A baby was found in a stroller next to a woman passed out on a sidewalk in Clearwater on Saturday, according to police.
Rescue crews found Stephanie Planz Saladino, 46, unconscious around 2:48 p.m. Saturday at 726 Bay Esplanade, a public sidewalk.
Next to her was an 11-month-old girl asleep in a stroller, according to a police report.
Saladino and the baby were taken to a hospital.
Nursing staff at the hospital told police that Saladino had a blood alcohol level of .338
Saladio told investigators she had been drinking wine before taking the child on a walk and that she ultimately passed out on the sidewalk.
Saladino was arrested and charged with neglect of a child without great bodily harm.
What other people are reading right now:
- 2 police officers killed in shooting at burning Hawaii home
- Multiple deputies respond to robbery at Tampa Premium Outlets
- Nurse loses her license after admitting to injecting opioids at work: reports
- Police caution about 'highly addictive substance': Girl Scout cookies
- Gasparilla Guide: Everything you need to know about the 2020 pirate festival
- Attention viewers: WTSP is undergoing planned work on our tower