TAMPA, Fla. — USF Health is looking for young people to be a part of a new study to see how effective vaccines are.
If you haven't been vaccinated, you're 18 to 29-years-old and you've tested positive for COVID-19, you could potentially take part.
This is a nationwide study called Prevent COVID U. There are 50 other sites that are participating.
The goal of the study is to see how coronavirus infection spreads in college-age students. Some of the participants will be selected to receive the Moderna vaccine as part of the study. Anyone who doesn't receive a shot as part of the study will get the opportunity to get vaccinated when it's over.
Click here to learn more about the study and how to sign up. You can also call (813) 974-4842.
What other people are reading right now:
- Clearwater's own Bobby Finke wins Olympic gold in 800-meter freestyle
- Lightning's national anthem singer moves to ICU days after COVID-19 hospitalization, husband says
- Live where you want, travel when you want, work from anywhere: The life of a 'digital nomad'
- Disney World to require guests to wear masks indoors, on rides regardless of vaccination status
- Rescued seahorse gives birth to hundreds of babies at Clearwater Marine Aquarium
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter