TAMPA, Fla. — It was a big day for 10News and our community partners who teamed up to help feed families in need this summer.
After gathering an estimated 20,000 boxes of cereal Friday, we got one step closer to helping make sure kids around Tampa Bay would be fed over the summer.
10News crews and Feeding Tampa Bay set up shop at Publix stores on both sides of the Bay to collect Cereal for Summer donations.
Learn more: Cereal for Summer: Help 10News feed Tampa Bay!
Our team’s trucks in St. Petersburg and Tampa were filled to the brim with donations. At the end of the night, we had to send back more trucks to grab the boxes that didn’t fit in the first load.
Feeding Tampa Bay will distribute the cereal to food pantries in a 10-county area. Pantries are especially stressed during the summer months, because kids aren’t receiving free meals at school.
If you couldn’t donate on Friday, there’s still time to help fight hunger. You can donate cereal at any Publix store through Sunday, May 19.
What can I donate?
- Dry cereal (Think nutritious!)
- Breakfast bars
Want to donate cash instead? Click here.
What other people are reading right now:
- 10 charged in human trafficking bust out of Hernando County
- Amazon plans to open a cargo hub at Lakeland's airport, could bring 1,000 new jobs
- He was murdered and his wife shot. The killers were just convicted in his death.
- He was targeted for human trafficking through his mom. Now, he shares his story to help others.
- Gov. Ron DeSantis has tense exchange with school board member during first lady's visit