BRANDON, Fla. — A 14-year-old girl who was shot in Brandon on Monday has died of her wounds, the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said.
The girl was shot inside a vehicle around 1:40 a.m. near the intersection of Kingsway Road and East Clay Avenue.
There were four people in the car. The sheriff's office believes the car was targeted.
A sheriff's spokesperson said the car then drove about two miles to a Walgreens parking lot at East Brandon Boulevard near North Parsons Avenue before calling 911.
No suspects have been arrested at this time. The victim's name is not being released due to state law.
The original report from the sheriff's office said the victim was a woman and did not mention her age.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office at 813-247-8200. To be eligible for a cash reward, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS (8477), report anonymously online or send a mobile tip using the P3 Tips Mobile application, which is a free download for iPhones, iPads and Droids. You must call Crime Stoppers first to be eligible for a reward.
What other people are reading right now:
- Nearly half of young people aren't using deodorant, poll finds
- Mom charged with homicide nearly a decade after 4-year-old girl's death
- New Jersey man found dead in the Dominican Republic; 9th American tourist to die in country
- Hernando County pizza restaurant customers may have been exposed to hepatitis A
- Acting defense secretary explains why he withdrew from leading Pentagon
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.