CLEARWATER, Fla. — Police say two women have been arrested after video showed a Dollar General employee being dragged roughly 20 feet by a car after trying to confront a pair of shoplifters in Clearwater.
It happened on March 31 on Myrtle Avenue after the store worker chased the women outside. He was dragged before he fell to the pavement.
Clearwater police say the women seen in the video have been identified as Makini Harris and Tashada Bryant of St. Petersburg.
Bryant was charged with strong-arm robbery after being accused of being the driver of the getaway vehicle. Harris has been charged as an accessory to the crime after the fact, according to law enforcement.
Police say both have women have previous arrests throughout Pinellas County.
"Thanks to everyone who passed along information on this case via social media," Clearwater police stated in a Facebook post. "We appreciate the input of the community!"
What other people are reading right now:
- Stepmother sentenced to death for murdering 10-year-old girl by starvation
- 2 dead, 4 hospitalized after shooting on UNC Charlotte campus, suspect in custody
- 12 people arrested in Polk County child porn sting
- Mom says her daughter was bitten 25 times at her daycare, and no one told her
- Officer calls 911 after shooting man in his home: 'I thought it was my apartment'