NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. — A New Port Richey man is accused of pushing his mother down the stairs and throwing a cordless drill at her Sunday night at their home in Pasco County.
According to an arrest affidavit, his mom "either has a broken or dislocated hip." She was unable to stand after the attack and had to be carried away on a stretcher, the affidavit said. Pasco County deputies said she was taken to the hospital.
William Henry Weber, 27, was arrested for felony battery. Investigators say he lives with his mom, and the shove down the stairs happened after she confronted him for breaking her door.
Weber was also charged with marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia. He was taken to the Land O' Lakes Jail.
What other people are reading right now:
- After a fight for her life, police say girl shot by mother's boyfriend dies
- Video: Huge gator takes a stroll down Florida street
- E. coli outbreak may be caused by ground beef, CDC says
- Man arrested for stripping in Walmart while his mom chases dog around store, does karate
- Does your driver’s license have a gold or black star? If not, you may not be able to fly in 2020
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.