DOTHAN, Ala. — An Alabama man who admitted to raping, sodomizing and sexually abusing young children has been sentenced to 615 years in prison for those crimes.
Dothan CBS affiliate WTVY reported Raven Smith, 35, apologized to the families of five girls younger than the age of 16 that he molested over a period of several years.
One child's mom said she believed there were more victims who were too scared to come forward.
“I don't want them to be afraid anymore,” she told WTVY. “I want them to know he's in jail and can't ever hurt them or anyone else,” she said.
It is unlikely Smith will ever be paroled.
What other people are reading right now:
- Convicted child molester who escaped from Florida prison captured in Miami-Dade
- Mother arrested after daughter licks tongue depressor, puts it back at Jacksonville doctor's office
- Dolphin found impaled in the head in South Florida
- He called police on black women at swimming pool. Now he's facing criminal charges
- Fecal pollution puts Tampa area beaches under 'health advisory'
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.