BROOKSVILLE, Fla. — An armed man ran from deputies after what appeared to be a domestic dispute Tuesday afternoon on Ponce de Leon Boulevard in Brooksville.
Hernando County deputies were first dispatched to the neighborhood, off U.S. Highway 98, after someone called 911 -- saying a man was at a house with a gun. When authorities showed up, they say the armed man ignored their commands to stop and ran away. As he ran, deputies say they saw what looked like a gun in his hand.
Investigators say Anthony "Andy" M. Rodgers, 26, was found and arrested Tuesday afternoon. He has been transported to the Hernando County Detention Center.
Before he was found, Rodgers is accused of tossing a bag of drugs deputies believe contained meth and marijuana. Law enforcement officers say Rodgers is a convicted felon. He faces charges of meth possession and resting arrest. Deputies say more charges are pending.
What other people are reading right now:
- Another hurricane will hit Florida. Are our homes ready? It depends.
- Judge rules against serial killer Bobby Joe Long, says he'll be given lethal injection
- Love bugs are invading Florida: Here's are simple hacks to handle them
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle welcome baby boy
- Confirmed tornado hit Madeira Beach on Sunday
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.