ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. — Editor's note: The video above is from 2018.
Nine years ago last month, Casey Anthony was acquitted of first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse and aggravated manslaughter of a child after the death of her daughter, Caylee.
Caylee would have been 15 years old today, Aug. 9, 2020.
Twelve years ago, Casey was arrested in connection with Caylee's disappearance. On July 15, 2008, Casey's mother, Cindy, made the now-infamous 911 call to report Caylee was missing and that Casey's car smelled like a dead body.
The next day, Casey was arrested. She was indicted in October 2008 on a first-degree murder charge. Caylee's remains were found Dec. 11, 2008 not far from Casey and the grandparents' home in Orange County, Florida.
Casey's trial began in 2011, and on July 5 she was found not guilty on all charges except for lying to investigators.
Last June, the meter reader who found Caylee's body pushed for Casey to be tried in Orlando civil court. Roy Kronk sued Casey for defamation, claiming Casey told her lawyers to make false and defamatory statements that implicated him in Caylee's death.
Casey, now 34, lives in South Florida. In 2017, she gave an interview to the Associated Press, in which she talked about her love for Caylee and showed personal photos of her daughter.
Previous: Casey Anthony trial photos
Casey Anthony trial photos
- Boater seriously hurt in pontoon accident wants others to learn from her mistake
- Lakeland Police find 2 dead in home during welfare check
- Trump signs executive orders as Capitol Hill coronavirus aid talks break down
- 'He was defending himself and his family': Homeowner shoots, kills suspected invader
- St. Petersburg officer shoots, kills man she says grabbed her by the neck
- Suspected rapist who was freed due to coronavirus kills his accuser in Virginia, police say
- Education commissioner rejects Hillsborough County's effort to start school entirely online
- Another 182 Floridians have died from COVID-19, state reports
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter