Michael Drejka, the man found guilty of manslaughter for shooting and killing Markeis McGlockton during an argument over a parking spot in Clearwater is asking for a new trial.
His lawyers argue prosecutors used emotion to compel the jury to convict him, rather than relying on facts and evidence to prove his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
It's now up to the judge to decide if he gets a new trial.
Drejka is scheduled to be sentenced in October.
What other people are reading right now:
- Restaurant shut down following Taco Tuesday roach invasion
- Body of Manatee High School grad who died at Fort Benning returns home
- Deputies: 8-month-old left alone in bathtub nearly drowns, mom charged
- 8-year-old boy fights off mountain lion attack with a stick
- This is why your Tampa water bill will be more expensive
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter