PLANT CITY, Fla — UPDATE (Dec. 11, 2020): The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office confirms it has arrested a 30-year-old man in connection with a Nov. 25 shooting in Plant City.
Luis Jose Coronado was taken into custody on Dec. 8 in Polk County and charged with manslaughter with a firearm. Deputies say he shot another man after an altercation at a home on Sydney Road.
Previous story below:
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is investigating after they say a man was shot and killed Wednesday night in Plant City.
Deputies said they were called to the South Florida Baptist Hospital when a man who had been shot was taken there. Investigators said life-saving measures were performed on them, but the man died from his injuries.
Investigators said were able to find the home where the shooting took place and interviewed people there.
Deputies said the investigation is still underway. Investigators said they believe the shooter and the man who was shot knew each other.
"If you saw or heard anything last night on Sydney Road last night, I'm urging you to please come forward with that information," Sheriff Chad Chronister said. "What may seem like a small piece of information could go a long way into solving what happened to this victim last night."
Deputies said there is no threat to the public.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office at (813) 247-8200.
- Unemployed Floridians find support, even Thanksgiving dinner, through online network
- 10 things to talk about at Thanksgiving dinner that aren't about politics
- Governor DeSantis does not respond to Florida mayors urging him to change COVID-19 approach
- US Supreme Court temporarily blocks New York's coronavirus limits on houses of worship
- Trump pardons Michael Flynn, taking direct aim at Russia investigation
- Side effects from COVID-19 vaccine likely will be unpleasant, doctors warn
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter