NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. — Pasco County deputies arrested a 51-year-old man after they say he hit one victim with a frying pan and a second victim with a lamp pole.
According to an arrest affidavit, the first victim told deputies Gerald Lee Thornton Jr. chased him with a frying pan and hit him with it. The victim told deputies he tried to defend himself by punching Thornton multiple times, the arrest report says.
Deputies say when the first victim stopped hitting Thornton, Thornton went after a second victim with a lamp pole. The arrest affidavit claims Thornton hit the second man on the back of the head with the lamp pole, causing him to start bleeding.
Thornton was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and taken to the Land O'Lakes jail.
What other people are reading right now:
- After a fight for her life, police say girl shot by mother's boyfriend dies
- Video: Huge gator takes a stroll down Florida street
- E. coli outbreak may be caused by ground beef, CDC says
- Man arrested for stripping in Walmart while his mom chases dog around store, does karate
- Does your driver’s license have a gold or black star? If not, you may not be able to fly in 2020
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.