TOWN 'N' COUNTRY, Fla. — A man accused of looking through the windows of multiple homes was arrested early Thursday.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office started surveillance at midnight in the area of Sheldon Rd and Crown Blvd in Town ’N’ Country after receiving multiple reports of a "Peeping Tom" in the area.
According to deputies, past reports spanned from June to July 29, with all reports stating a man was seen standing outside their home or window while touching himself.
At 12:41 a.m. Thursday a call came in about a man peeking into the windows of a home at Sheldon Rd and Woodlake Blvd, according to a release. While responding to the call deputies say, Leonardo Marrero Garcia, 47, was seen in the area walking in front of a Marathon gas station before peeking through the windows of two residences in the area of Waters Avenue and Northbridge Boulevard.
He was arrested for loitering and prowling when deputies believed he matched the description of the areas "Peeping Tom" reports.
While in custody Marrero Garcia identified himself as the person seen on video in the "Peeping Tom" incidents, according to a release.
The sheriff's office says additional charges are to follow related to those incidents.
“Thankfully, Leonardo Marrero Garcia won’t have any windows to peep through tonight from his room at the Falkenburg Road Jail,” Sheriff Chad Chronister said. “His actions were a violation of privacy and made several residents feel unsafe in their own homes. I am proud to say that through good detective work, we were able to locate this suspect and hopefully put the minds of his victims at ease as they go to sleep tonight."
- Tropical Storm Isaias forms in the Caribbean, cone shifts slightly to the east
- Florida to close state-run COVID-19 testing sites due to tropical weather
- Here's how to make virtual learning successful
- President Trump floats idea of delaying the November election
- Another 253 Floridians have died from coronavirus
- Confirmed deaths from the coronavirus in the US hit 150,000
- More than half the inmates in Florida prison test positive for COVID-19
- Gov. DeSantis extends eviction, mortgage foreclosure moratorium to September
FREE 10 TAMPA BAY APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter