SARASOTA, Fla. — Sarasota police officers arrested a driver accused of driving four times the speed limit in a school zone.
Police said the driver was going 64 mph in a 15-mph school zone near Southside Elementary.
“This is not okay,” the police department wrote in a Facebook post.
The police department said children safety is its No. 1 priority and asked drivers to slow down.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida cop sues dating site for using his photo after his wife asked him about it
- Woman charged with child neglect after 1-year-old overdosed on fentanyl, deputies say
- Dog dies less than an hour after visiting lake. Vet says it was 'most likely' toxic algae
- Longtime Hillsborough County bus driver dies on first day of school
- 15 apps parents should look out for on their kids' phones
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.