KISSIMMEE, Fla. — A jury has found Everett Miller guilty of shooting and killing two Florida police officers in 2017.
CBS affiliate WKMG reports jurors deliberated for less than two hours before convicting Miller of first-degree murder in the deaths of Kissimmee Police Officer Matthew Baxter and Sgt. Sam Howard.
Baxter's mother told WKMG that although nothing can bring Matthew back, the family is ready to start healing.
Miller did not take the stand in his own defense. The penalty phase of the trial begins Nov. 5. He faces the death penalty.
What other people are reading right now:
- NFL star Antonio Brown's former trainer accuses him of rape
- How one deadly secret led to the murder of an entire family
- Rare Friday the 13th full moon to appear this week
- Black mama bear hurts Florida woman
- Will these parents ever get their sick child back?
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter