ORLANDO, Fla. — A Florida Highway Patrol K-9 helped nab two people accused of smuggling 624 pounds of marijuana in the back of a U-Haul truck.
FHP Orlando said K-9 Piet alerted to the drugs Thursday in Orlando during a traffic stop. The driver and the passenger were both arrested.
Troopers say the street value of the drugs is more than $5.6 million.
What other people are reading right now:
- Health inspection leaves KFC customers queasy
- Woman almost loses arm from flesh-eating bacteria contracted at nail salon
- Mother accused of rubbing heroin on daughter's gums to help her sleep. She died.
- 'Somebody was watching out': School resource officer's quick thinking saves little boy
- Meet Buddy: The dog who inspires popular, local Buddy Brew Coffee
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter