LAKELAND, Fla — A captain for Polk County Fire Rescue was arrested Wednesday night on charges of possession of methamphetamines and possession of paraphernalia at his Lakeland home.
Detectives were following up on a tip that drugs were possibly being sold out of Kevin Giliam's home.
When undercover officers arrived at the home, they met with Giliam, 48, and conducted a search. Detectives found a glass pipe containing meth in Giliam's master bedroom.
Giliam was booked into the Polk County Jail, and released after posting $1,500 bail.
He resigned from his position on Thursday, a spokesperson for the fire department said. Giliam had been with the department since 1993.
What other people are reading right now:
- Man who filmed himself raping 5-year-old girl may never be released from prison
- Facebook post encourages blue Halloween buckets to raise autism awareness
- Former Miss Florida USA, 'Tarzan' actor's wife, killed in California home
- Pasco County deputies investigating carjacking, shooting at McDonald's
- Man charged for holding Dutch family in isolation on Netherlands farm for 9 years
FREE 10NEWS APP: