DELRAY BEACH, Fla. — Investigators say they found baby unharmed inside an apartment after man called 911 to report that he'd shot his girlfriend and planned to kill himself.
Delray Beach police Dani Moschella tells news outlets that the call came in at 8:20 a.m. Tuesday but it took officers until about 10 a.m. to get inside the apartment.
She says officers found the bodies of 30-year-old Yves Romain and 23-year-old Lovemy Mathurin. In another room, they found the couple's 10-month-old son strapped into a car seat. She says the couple's 3-year-old son wasn't at the apartment and was found safe elsewhere. Both children are now with relatives.
Moschella says detectives are investigating the case as a murder-suicide.
What other people are reading right now:
- Students make 'Child of God' headbands to support Saints' Demario Davis
- There are 3 disturbances Hurricane Center forecasters are watching
- Man charged in stabbing of two Jacksonville firefighters
- Deputies: Florida woman who burned down historic tree while smoking meth arrested again
- Search on for high-risk sex offender who cut off GPS ankle bracelet after release
FREE 10NEWS APP: