LAND O' LAKES, Fla. — Pasco County deputies say an inmate tried to mail his mom a letter with threats to kill people.
Robert Girolamo, Jr., 38, submitted the letter on Jan. 7 to a Court Service Deputy to be scanned before being sent through the U.S. Postal Service, according to the arrest affidavit. The deputy reportedly found several "concerning statements" while scanning the letter addressed to Girolamo's mother.
The summarized statements, the arrested affidavit states, included Girolamo going to a woman's house to "take her out" before stealing a car and traveling out of Florida to a second person's house to "take her out." He then wrote in the letter "and then I'm taking myself out, I can't handle this life anymore," deputies say.
Deputies say they talked to both victims, who took the threats as an intent to kill them. Girolamo refused to comment when deputies discussed the letter with him and gave him his Miranda warnings, according to law enforcement.
He now faces two additional charges for written threats to kill or do bodily harm. He remains at the Land O' Lakes jail.
What other people are reading right now:
- Florida man walking out of prison instantly gets arrested again for murder
- High school seniors recorded sex acts with underage girls, deputies say
- Coast Guard rescues 3 from Gulf of Mexico after fishing boat sinks
- Teen dies after getting trapped in a rip current at a Florida Beach
- Roadside bombing kills 3 American service members, 1 contractor in Afghanistan
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.