A Riverview man accused of killing his girlfriend and their daughter is set to appear in court for the first time since he was found competent to stand trial.
Ronnie O'Neal has a status hearing scheduled for 9 a.m. Thursday, when a trial date could possibly be set.
O'Neal, 30, faces two charges of first-degree premeditated murder, a first-degree arson charge, a resisting an officer without violence charge, two charges of aggravated child abuse and an attempted murder charge.
Last month, O'Neal was found competent to stand trial.
O'Neal pleaded not guilty in April 2018, a month after the alleged attack. In May 2018, the State Attorney's Office said they would seek the death penalty.
- Cops: Mom of 3-year-old who fell into Tim Hortons grease trap and died couldn't find child care
- Spear impales Florida woman and kills her. Her boyfriend is accused of murder.
- Florida dad accused of throwing 5-year-old son into ocean to 'teach him to swim'
- Child loses both parents in one night following SWAT call
- 2 people killed, dozens injured after carnival ride suddenly snaps in half
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.