CLEWISTON, Fla. — A 37-year-old teacher has been found guilty of selling illegal drugs to two students at her Florida middle school.
Prosecutors say Maria Otilia Rivera faces up to 35 years in prison when she's sentenced Oct. 16.
A Hendry County Sheriff's Office investigation that began in 2017 found that Rivera sold drugs to two girls, ages 12 and 14. Investigators say the teacher would take the girls off campus and teach them how to prepare and ingest the drugs. The girls had not previously used drugs.
The report says another time Rivera took money from a student and promised to deliver drugs the next day.
Rivera was allowed to remain free until sentencing.
What other people are reading right now:
- Health inspection leaves KFC customers queasy
- You have just a year left to get a gold star on your driver's license
- Woman almost loses arm from flesh-eating bacteria contracted at nail salon
- Meet Buddy: The dog who inspires popular, local Buddy Brew Coffee
- 'That was a very devastating time': Wife of missing Jacksonville firefighter opens up about husband, search to find him
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter