HAINES CITY, Fla. — The Haines City Police Department is working to determine what led up to four people being shot Thursday night.
Officer say they were called out just before 9 p.m. to the 400 block of North 15th Street for a shooting at a home with a mother, child and others inside.
Police say that Oscar Lee Hendrix Jr. was killed. On Friday, his father joined law enforcement at a news conference, asking anyone with information about the shooting to come forward.
Two other men and a woman were hurt. Police did not say if the woman shot was the mother.
Two of the four people found shot were airlifted to the hospital, and the others were driven, according to police. The severity of the three other people's injuries is unknown.
More than 30 rounds of gunfire hit the home and cars parked outside.
Right now, police are trying to find the person or people responsible. Anyone with information should call police at 863-421-3636.
This is a developing story. Check back with 10 Tampa Bay for updates.
- Pinellas detention sergeant resigns over 'racial and sexist comment,' sheriff's office says
- 7,000 Hillsborough County students were unaccounted for during the COVID-19 pandemic. Where are they?
- Tampa Fire Rescue chief among three employees put on administrative leave after 'misconduct' allegations
- Doctors: Gov. Ron DeSantis needs to act now before it's 'too late' to curve Florida's COVID-19 pandemic
- What's it like to fly on a plane during the coronavirus pandemic?
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter