RIVERVIEW, Fla. — The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is searching for a teen they said is responsible for shooting and injuring two people outside of a Riverview Wawa.
Deputies say, Javius Vazquez, 18, shot from inside a black Nissan Altima striking one person in the Wawa's parking lot. That bullet, or a fragment of it, then hit a second person in the area.
The first person injured took off from the scene before later taking themself to AdventHealth, while the other person stayed and was taken to Tampa General Hospital, according to a news release.
Witnesses at the scene told deputies they knew Vazquez and identified him as the shooter.
"No argument should ever be resolved with gunfire," Sheriff Chad Chronister said. "This teen should be grateful no one was killed due to his senseless actions, but we will ensure he faces consequences for such reckless behavior."
The sheriff's office issued a warrant for Vazquez's arrest on charges of aggravated battery and discharging a firearm from a vehicle.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office at 813-247-2400.
What other people are reading right now:
- Man who reportedly filmed Ahmaud Arbery's killing charged with murder
- Sarasota, Manatee counties approved to resume operating vacation rentals
- Sheriff: Drugs, guns and more than $30K seized in River hotel raid
- NOAA predicts busy season with 3 - 6 major hurricanes
- Data breach exposed Social Security numbers of some Floridians who applied for unemployment
- More than 1,700 coronavirus tests damaged on way to lab, Florida says
- Hospital that's been closed for almost a year get $121K in COVID-19 relief money
FREE 10NEWS APP:
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter