ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — A homeowner shot at two armed men accused of home invasion robbery late Tuesday night, the St. Petersburg Police Department said.
The two masked men entered the home on 27th Avenue near 28th Street North through the front door, according to police.
Police said Randy Stanley Jr., one of the suspected robbers, was shot several times before officers found him in the middle of the roadway.
Stanley, 26, is listed in critical condition at Bayfront Health St. Petersburg. He is charged with home invasion robbery and felon in possession of a firearm.
Officers are still looking for the second suspect.
St. Petersburg police have cleared the scene.
Note: The St. Petersburg Police Department is expected to release more information on Wednesday morning. Refresh the page for the latest information.
What other people are reading right now:
- Jane Castor to be sworn in as Tampa mayor
- Poop transplants are drastically changing the lives of sick patients
- 12 people arrested in Polk County child porn sting
- One of Puerto Rico's most wanted captured in Polk County
- Officer calls 911 after shooting man in his home: 'I thought it was my apartment'
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.