LAKE WALES, Fla. — Police are investigating after a 17-year-old boy was shot in a parking lot in Lake Wales.
Police said the drive-by shooting happened Thursday night at the Lake Wales Housing Authority Grove Manor Complex. When officers arrived, they found the teen suffering from a gunshot wound.
The teen was flown to a local hospital and has non-life-threatening injuries.
Police said crowds had gathered in the parking lot of the complex when a late model gray Hyundai with several males inside drove past. According to officers, at least one of them fired toward two different groups.
The teen was hit along with several cars, police said.
Police are urging anyone with information to contact Detective Amanda Ayers at 863-678-4223 ext. 264 or Heartland Crime Stoppers at 1-800-226-8477.
You may be eligible for a reward and can remain anonymous.
- Police: 2 dead, 4 injured in Southeast Seminole Heights shooting
- Tampa Bay hospitals work to get ahead of a COVID-19 surge in the next months
- Crew 1: Everything to know about next NASA, SpaceX Dragon launch
- 'We're asking for calm': Community leaders call for an end to shootings around Tampa Bay
- ULA to try again with Atlas V rocket launching 'top secret' payload
- Tropical Storm Iota likely to develop, 2020's next named storm
- Delaying presidential transition could have national security implications
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter