DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — A 63-year-old woman is recovering after she was stabbed in the face with scissors, police say.
Officers say Burman P. Bedford, 55, was arrested and charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon for the attack.
Detectives say it happened Tuesday, Sept. 15, in the children's section of the City Island Regional Library in Daytona Beach. They say Bedford entered the library, went to the children's section and greeted the woman before attacking her with a pair of scissors he had with him.
First responders say the woman had multiple wounds to her face and arms and was bleeding from one of her eyes. She was taken to the hospital with non life-threatening injuries, officials say.
Bedford was found at the library shortly after police arrived and was taken into custody.
Detectives say they're still determining a motive for the attack. After reviewing security footage, investigators say Bedford attacked the woman without any "apparent provocation."
Police say the investigation is still ongoing.
What other people are reading right now:
- Hurricane Sally makes landfall near Gulf Shores as Category 2 storm
- Florida approved to pay out fourth week of federal unemployment benefits
- Missing Child Alert issued for 11-year-old Tampa girl
- 'I didn't want to hurt anybody' | Video shows man with Trump flag drive through crowd of protesters
- 4 organized systems, 3 tropical disturbances: Atlantic hurricane season stays busy
- Biden seeks to woo Latinos in 1st trip to Florida as nominee
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter