PORT RICHEY, Fla. — A Pasco County man was arrested Saturday after deputies say he cut his girlfriend, hit her with a sharpened piece of metal and burned her with a cigarette.
Deputies say William Lee Shroyer, 37, also stomped on the victim's leg and left "bruising in the shape of [a] shoe impression."
Deputies say Shroyer and the victim live together and are in a romantic relationship. An arrest report says the victim said multiple times that she was afraid of Shroyer.
According to an arrest affidavit, deputies found a "large piece of metal" inside the victim's home. Investigators say it was about 42 inches long and two inches wide and was sharpened on one end.
The arrest affidavit said Shroyer admitted to having a cigarette in his hand during the argument and that the victim was burned by it. Shroyer faces charges of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and aggravated battery with serious injuries.
What other people are reading right now:
- After a fight for her life, police say girl shot by mother's boyfriend dies
- Video: Huge gator takes a stroll down Florida street
- E. coli outbreak may be caused by ground beef, CDC says
- Man arrested for stripping in Walmart while his mom chases dog around store, does karate
- Does your driver’s license have a gold or black star? If not, you may not be able to fly in 2020
►Make it easy to keep up-to-date with more stories like this. Download the 10News app now.